By Pastor John Mateos Ong
We have learned the importance of getting in His presence, today, we will learn that we are not just called into His presence but we are tasked to carry it.
Long ago, the church is just a place where people worship God, but ever since the Lord gave us the Holy Spirit and we received it, the church is now anywhere we are.
Today, a church is not the big or successful place of worship, or the one with the biggest tithes, if the Presence of the Lord is not there we cannot consider it as a church of God.
The Holy Presence of God that resides inside us is endless, and it empowers us so that we may be an effective church of the Lord.
Since we carry the presence of God, what does it mean for us?
1. We have become the church - the day that the Lord gave us the Holy Spirit we have become the church. In 1 Corinthians 6:19 tells us that our bodies are not our own for our bodies are just temples of the Holy Spirit whom we have received from God. What we can do is to take care of the presence. Do not allow anger or lust to find a place in your heart knowing that God is there.
2. We are given a Spiritual Gift - For what? For whom? Why are we given a spiritual gift? Acts 1:8a tells us that we will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes. With this, we will be empowered with Spiritual Gifts that we can use to perform glorifying things for the lord. Some of the Spiritual gifts are leadership, prophecy, teaching, service, miracles, evangelism and etc.
3. We are His witness - Continuing the scripture, Acts 1:8b tells us that we will be witnesses of Christ. We will be given the gift not to boast anything but to use these so that we may be witnesses of Christ goodness and glory. We will be witnesses so that we may open our mouths to tell the whole world what Christ has done.
• Take care of the presence you carry.
• Be empowered.
• Open your mouth and be a witness!